POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : old Kodak aperture diaphragm imitation [~121KB Mpg] : Re: old Kodak aperture diaphragm imitation [~121KB Mpg] Server Time
20 Jul 2024 17:23:31 EDT (-0400)
  Re: old Kodak aperture diaphragm imitation [~121KB Mpg]
From: Bob Hughes
Date: 18 Jul 2000 08:34:20
Message: <39744ecc@news.povray.org>
"Dave Blandston" <gra### [at] earthlinknet> wrote in message
| That's outstanding, Bob. I would never have been able to figure that out
| just by looking at my wife's camera, and I doubt that she would be too happy
| if I took it apart.

No, not a good idea to disassemble someone else's things.  Unless you're a
professional and a
stranger  :-)
The overlapping plates (still don't know a name for them) was fairly obvious but I had
to take
the lens ring off to actually know how they were moved in the front.  If I were
compelled enough
I might take the whole thing apart to see the back but I'm pretty sure of the anchored
ends
because I already got the correct movement like it is.  Just need to reposition some
some to get
a better pivot point on the back.

| Also, now's my chance to learn to use Chris Colefax's Clock file. I've been
| meaning to get around to that

It's a great thing to simply put in a clock type and go.  You've been missing out.  I
only used
it for this to open and close the iris for loopability.  Wasn't needed.
Good luck on yours, and glad you liked mine.

Bob