POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Normals in Pov : Re: Normals in Pov Server Time
5 Sep 2024 14:20:05 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Normals in Pov
From: Warp
Date: 18 Jul 2000 05:39:07
Message: <397425bb@news.povray.org>
Jason Miller <jas### [at] pinheirotcimetnet> wrote:
: Warp,
:     It is the visibility thing that I am concerned about.  And as far as
: implimenting a raytracer, its very easy to make it one sided or two.
: Anyways, the reason I ask is becuase a sphere that I used my program to
: convert from another format to pov, only shows half of the polygons.  I know
: for a fact that the other program that writes this format does not care
: about winding.

  I can only think of two explanations here:

  1. Your program is not exporting all the triangles for some reason, or is
exporting them badly.
  2. Half of the triangles are shadowed in your scene and thus they are
(almost) black, as I suppose is your background? Try putting more light sources
to different sides of the scene to see if it helps.