POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : MegaPOV Plus ipf_profile problem : Re: MegaPOV Plus ipf_profile problem Server Time
2 Sep 2024 02:18:33 EDT (-0400)
  Re: MegaPOV Plus ipf_profile problem
From: Margus Ramst
Date: 18 Jul 2000 01:18:52
Message: <3973DAC6.302D37D8@peak.edu.ee>
Pabs wrote:

> I think when considering *Solid Particles* or balls/spheres we are getting out of
the
> _particle_ domain (aren't particles 1D not 3D) & into the physics of solid objects a
bit
> more, which is a lot more complex than that of particles.

They are still particles in the sense of being elements in a very large set,
where the contribution of the individual is relatively small. It's a case of
diminishing returns. I think the physics model of individual particles needn't
be, and cannot be, as accurate as, say, when simulating the collision of just
two big spheres.

--
Margus Ramst

Personal e-mail: mar### [at] peakeduee