POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : old Kodak aperture diaphragm imitation [~121KB Mpg] : old Kodak aperture diaphragm imitation [~121KB Mpg] Server Time
20 Jul 2024 17:28:12 EDT (-0400)
  old Kodak aperture diaphragm imitation [~121KB Mpg]
From: Bob Hughes
Date: 17 Jul 2000 18:43:06
Message: <39738bfa@news.povray.org>
Imitation is the greatest form of flattery.  I can only continue to thank
everyone else for their ideas which I keep embellishing.  This one being Dave
Blandston's.
This is the aperture mechanism, best I could mimic, of an old bellows camera.
Only the red ring and parts within are known to be like this shows.   The green
ring behind it is a guess, and not a good one so far because the pivot points
aren't well placed.  However the way in which the pivots slide within the red
ring notches is very close to the real thing.

Bob
--
omniVerse http://users.aol.com/persistenceofv/all.htm

Post a reply to this message