POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : MegaPOV support in next Moray version? : Re: MegaPOV support in next Moray version? Server Time
28 Jul 2024 20:32:29 EDT (-0400)
  Re: MegaPOV support in next Moray version?
From: TigerHawk
Date: 17 Jul 2000 17:25:10
Message: <3973792F.7E0FF2B3@stic.net>
> In other words, all looks_like does is put a visible, completely
> transparent (can you say oxymoron? :) object around the light source.
> The light source still acts as a point/spot/area light, regardless of how
> big the looks_like object is.
>
> Did that make any sense?  And if not, would somebody else like to try
> explaining it?

Yes, that makes perfect sense - I had not realized the mechanics of such an idea would
work - I thought no_shadow simply ment that the object doesn't cast a shadow on the
ground
- it hadn't occoured to me that that would affect other things as well (and that was
pretty dumb, I suppose :)

Thanks for clarifying that for me!

Tim Soderstrom
PsiTron / TigerHawk