POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Falcon II: The Sequel... : Re: Falcon II: The Sequel... Server Time
1 Oct 2024 20:20:56 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Falcon II: The Sequel...
From: Zeger Knaepen
Date: 17 Jul 2000 07:10:48
Message: <3972e9b8@news.povray.org>
> almost perfect.
Tnx.

> more stars with wider intensity variation.  is the
I know.  I realised it when the render was done.

> planet really round?  it looks 2-d to me.  is your main light the sun?
It's a sphere.  Main light is the sun.

> if so good.  where is your fill light and how bright is it?  i think it
I think there are 3 fill lights: one at the place of the main light, but
with no_shadow and less bright, one on the opposite side (in X and Z) and
one on the same side as the second fill light, but opposite Y-coordinates.
And they might indeed be a little bit too bright.

> may be a little too light in the shadows.  and stars never twinkle on
Yes, I know.  I just started the rendering, and then I noticed those stars.
I thought I didn't include them. :-(

> star wars.  in fact, i think the only way lens flare type objects would
> work is in an animation as it passes in front of a sun.  was anything
> changed on the model or just the scene?  have you thought about trying
No changes, only light- and camerasetup.  And of course the planet. (And the
background, but that's not really important)

> the pipe mess macro for the areas where all the exposed piping is?  i
I have thought about it, but I'm not going to do it.
I try to reproduce the real model, and with randomized piping, that's
impossible.  The siding-details are randomized,  and there is some random
detail on the hull, but they might be temporary.

> think the movie model had a lot more of that than you currently have; i
A bit, but not a lot.  The engine-section should be more detailed.

> was looking at my model as compared to the picture on the box (from the
> movie) and found that to be the case.  lookin' good.
A drawing?  Don't trust them!

ZK
http://www.povplace.be.tf