POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : Amphitheater in media atmosphere [~146KB Mpg] : Re: Amphitheater in media atmosphere [~146KB Mpg] Server Time
20 Jul 2024 23:38:12 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Amphitheater in media atmosphere [~146KB Mpg]
From: Bob Hughes
Date: 16 Jul 2000 07:42:20
Message: <39719f9c@news.povray.org>
"Phil Clute" <pcl### [at] tiacnet> wrote in message
| > The orchestra pit is the brown area though, audience is the blue area,
stage and steps are gray.
| > Conductor is on the stage side of the podium facing out toward the
orchestra

| The orchestra faces the audience, otherwise those trumpets etc. wont
| be heard by the audience because the sound is travelling in the wrong
| direction. The orchestra "pit" is right in front of the stage; actually
| the pit at the Wang Theater in Boston is partially *under* the stage
| (gives new meaning to "pit").

Yeah, I was thinking of having all the sound bounce off the half-dome structure
making for a pretty bad echo probably.  I was going more for symmetry of looks
not sound.  Maybe I could move it into the back of the stage?  Well I think I
need to find a great photo of something similar at least too, then I'd have
something to go by.  I searched and searched and came up with either partially
constructed ones or pictures facing the wrong direction, none of which were of
this type I tried to make.

Bob