POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : Color Light Tree : Re: Color Light Tree Server Time
20 Jul 2024 17:28:11 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Color Light Tree
From: Dick Balaska
Date: 16 Jul 2000 05:10:42
Message: <39717BEF.FD66482C@buckosoft.com>
"Greg M. Johnson" wrote:

> If it were an issue of m$ inventing their own standard and expecting the
> world to comply, I'd be the first to rebel. But I'm suspecting that in
> this case the problem with my m$ viewer not seeing your anim  might be
> with an unorthodox setting in your editing program, but then again I'm
> no professional either.....

So then why do you suspect M$ of following any kind of standard other than their own?
Have they *ever* *ever* *ever* followed to the letter *any* standard????
Its Embrace and Extend man, or in this case Embrace and Contract :)

From mpeg.org:
...MPEG-1 sequence which meets the parameter limits
defined in ISO/IEC 11172-2 for constrained parameter bitstreams:

    horizontal_size <= 768
    vertical_size   <= 576
    picture_area    <= 396 macroblocks
    pixel_rate      <= 396x25 macroblocks per second
    vbv_buffer_size <= 20x16384 bit
    bitrate         <= 1856000 bits/second
    motion vector range <= -64...63.5

Just like everything M$ touches, 320x240 has become the de facto standard because
that is what they've decided to do for MPEG-1.  I can generate and play 640x480
MPEG-1s,
(but they look pukey because of the low bitrate and small vbv_buffer size)

Now if i can only solve my problems of encoding 702x480 MPEG-2s, i'll be all set to
try
and burn video CDs. (although my Sony DVD player will play commercial audio CDs but
not
my home burns hmmm...)

dik