POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Millennium Falcon : Re: Millennium Falcon Server Time
2 Oct 2024 02:22:24 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Millennium Falcon
From: ryan constantine
Date: 15 Jul 2000 23:04:18
Message: <397125D2.331199F9@yahoo.com>
no, you are right.  i just finished (for now) converting my xwing files
to plain pov and uploaded them to the star wars pov site.  they should
be up soon.  in the package is an image with six xwings, all with
different squad colors and numbers and with different dirt, wings open
or closed, canopy open or closed, etc.  like most include files, there
are variables that the user declares and then includes the inc.
however, i used two meshes and those are included only once in the
user's scene file.  i found that parsing after the first model was only
about 4 or 5 seconds.  so the slowdown is due to my meshes and patches.