POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : Vortex : Vortex Server Time
2 Sep 2024 02:15:55 EDT (-0400)
  Vortex
From: Halbert
Date: 15 Jul 2000 12:25:32
Message: <3970907c@news.povray.org>
Now that I have my previous problem worked out. I thought of something I'd
like to try: making an isosurface that would feature a vortex; the kind you
see when you pull the stopper out of the tub. This seems like the sort of
thing for which an isosurface would be ideally suited. I know there are
functions that can form the funnel shape and the spiraling edges, I'm just
not sure how to get them together to get the effect I'm looking for. I know
one of you guys with the giant brains ( Chris, Warp)  probably has an idea
how this might be done.:)