POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : Spline Objects : Spline Objects Server Time
28 Jul 2024 14:26:36 EDT (-0400)
  Spline Objects
From: Peter Cracknell
Date: 15 Jul 2000 09:22:19
Message: <3970658b@news.povray.org>
I do not actually know much about splines - I would have no idea how to
implement them in standard POV-Ray but in Moray they can be very useful.
Though you can manually edit, is it possible to use an identical spline for
two different object types, ie create a shaped spline for a rotation and
produce the same as a translation?  I do not see any cut, copy or paste
function, but it would save a lot of time as I have produced a translated
spline and would like a rounded version (similar to how spheres can be used
as corners of cylinders) with rotation.  I hope this makes sense.

Peter Cracknell

www.petecracknell.co.uk