POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Millennium Falcon : Re: Millennium Falcon Server Time
1 Oct 2024 20:21:15 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Millennium Falcon
From: Zeger Knaepen
Date: 15 Jul 2000 08:21:26
Message: <39705746$1@news.povray.org>
Bob Hughes <per### [at] aolcom?subject=PoV-News:> schreef in
berichtnieuws 396fb7d6@news.povray.org...
> Under 10MB memory used... try this with polygons and see if that number
remains low!  ;-)
It shouldn't be too hard to convert this to polygons.  I just have to make a
height_field out of it.  There is a post-process filter that does it.

> Fabulous job of it.  Animated in a action scene this detail would suffice
pretty well, don't you
> think?
Hmmm...  4h per frame...  That's a lot of time.  Even at 640*480 it still is
about 3h per frame.

> The texturing seems alright to me.  It wasn't always so dirtied up if I
remember the movies enough.
> Was different during battle parts compared to what it looked like in the
Death Star hangar I
> thought.
The model used in A New Hope was much cleaner than that one used in The
Empire Strikes Back.
Unfortunately this was supposed to be a reproduction of te TESB-model.

> Bob
ZK
http://www.povplace.be.tf