POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : My First Glass : Re: My First Glass Server Time
1 Oct 2024 20:21:05 EDT (-0400)
  Re: My First Glass
From: Alan Nickerson
Date: 14 Jul 2000 08:30:25
Message: <396f07e1$1@news.povray.org>
"Bob Hughes" <per### [at] aolcom?subject=PoV-News:> wrote in message
> Looks pretty good, nice modeling.  The camera view is a difficult one for
checking it out.  No
> 'caustic' in there at all or is it too wide to be noticed?  That would
make it's shadow look a lot
> better.  Wondering if you used any 'fade_distance' or only smokey pigment?
>
> Bob

The "Glass" is just the Glass texture in the standard textures.inc file. So,
no caustics or fade or anything really.

My biggest difficulty is comming up with a good vision of a scene. So I
mostly just play around with POV. Although some of the images skar some
ideas, most are well beyond my ability. So I'll just keep
learning and maybe, someday I'll be good enough to do somting really good.

Alan