POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Cup:WIP [17kb] : Re: Cup:WIP [17kb] Server Time
1 Oct 2024 20:20:42 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Cup:WIP [17kb]
From: Tom Melly
Date: 14 Jul 2000 05:31:21
Message: <396edde9@news.povray.org>
"Steve" <ste### [at] zeroppsuklinuxnet> wrote in message
news:slr### [at] zero-ppslocaldomain...
> Great shape (but not my cup of tea, I prefer a proper mug).

Me too.

> Gold on teh rim might look better than what you have now,

Well, it is gold (blobs placed by trace macro), but I've brightened the gold
since this posting...

> and is there a possibility of using your mandelbrot pattern
> and a normal or as an isosurface and just have it the same
> colour as the cup, might be interesting like that.

Like a relief? Hmmm....

> Like the table top, it looks just like a formika (sp?) table
> that you'd find in a canteen or a cafe.

I noticed that - it was originally meant to be a posh polished wood table,
and that's still what I'll be heading for. Still, it's nice to know how to
do formica.