POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Cup:WIP [17kb] : Re: Cup:WIP [17kb] Server Time
1 Oct 2024 20:22:23 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Cup:WIP [17kb]
From: Tom Melly
Date: 14 Jul 2000 05:26:30
Message: <396edcc6$1@news.povray.org>
"GrimDude" <vos### [at] yahoocom> wrote in message
> I would use an area light. You might consider a smaller aliasing value.
> Recently I've been favouring +a0.265, but your mileage...

Well, the version I posted had no aa, but I'll try that setting....

> I have gone to the trouble to create the entire atmosphere I am attempting
> to simulate, right down to wall the camera will never see, or lights that
> are not in the immediate line-of-sight, skies if there is no ceiling, etc.
>
> MP requires a lot of fine tuning in the global/radiosity section. I
> recommend reading the FAQ, fine tuning your scene file, rendering, and
then
> re-reading the FAQ. But, as Ken says, I am a tad anal. :)

Well, I've got a couple more windows out of shot, a textured sky that is not
in scene. I was considering hanging pictures on out-of-shot walls.... This
is POV, anal comes with the territory... ;)

BTW does anyone know whether atmospheric media is compatible with megapov
radiosity?