POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : draping image over height field : Re: draping image over height field Server Time
5 Sep 2024 20:18:41 EDT (-0400)
  Re: draping image over height field
From: Thorsten Froehlich
Date: 12 Jul 2000 09:57:31
Message: <396c794b@news.povray.org>
In article <396BEB7C.C96D9B77@sierras.jpl.nasa.gov> , Eric Fielding
<eri### [at] sierrasjplnasagov>  wrote:

> I see PICT (MacOS), PNG, Targa, PPM, and QuickTime (MacOS). I was hoping
> for TIFF or JPEG since those are the ones I use most, but I think I can
> get my images into PNG or PPM format.
>
> I assume that POV can read all of the formats that it can write (except
> QuickTime, of course)?

Yes, it can.  Note that, if you are using QuickTime 3.0 or later you can use
the "sys" format not only to import PICT, but basically any image format
QuickTime supports (i.e. those the QuickTime PictureViewer application will
display as well).
I think QuickTime 3.0 and later support TIFF and JPEG, so you should be able
to import these formats as "sys" image types.

     Thorsten

Thorsten Froehlich
e-mail: mac### [at] povrayorg

I am a member of the POV-Ray Team.