POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Candle Flame (3kbu) : Re: Candle Flame (3kbu) Server Time
1 Oct 2024 22:24:20 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Candle Flame (3kbu)
From: Bob Hughes
Date: 12 Jul 2000 07:14:51
Message: <396c532b@news.povray.org>
How about showing this on a white background?  Sorry, I don't really mean that
:-}
Candle flames are always much more of a yellow-white than just yellow, I know
everyone seems to not believe that though.  Also varies a lot depending on the
surrounding light and background, but I still always try for a near white
yellow which goes to yellow-orange at the edges and top.
Turbulence is another thing, sometimes there's none sometimes a lot.  As far
as the general shape goes I think you've come close enough but I'd say there's
not enough blue (or rather invisible) part going up inside the yellow part.
The amount of the merging parts I'm talking about, maybe more diffused boudary
line there would be better?
I found this photo: http://www.hd.org/Damon/photos/_I/cat/lw/eooz2q1mh6.HTM
and it has no blue base to the flame!

Bob