POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Back after too long a break : Re: Back after too long a break Server Time
1 Oct 2024 22:27:50 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Back after too long a break
From: David Heys
Date: 11 Jul 2000 15:55:17
Message: <396b7ba5@news.povray.org>
Thomas Lake <tla### [at] homecom> wrote in message
news:396### [at] homecom...
> Hi  guys. Its been too long since I did anything with pov-ray, many many
> months. If you look way way down in this newsgroup you will see that I
> used to be a regular poster but I got busy with other things and have
> been neglecting my pov-ray work:-). Well after seeing some of the
> amazing work being done, mainly Gilles Tran's city image, I decided I
> needed to get back into this. Also we recently got a fish tank which I
> have been thinking would make a nice image. Anyway here is my foray back
> into the pov world.

*looking at one of several of our fishtanks* It's looking good. :{)

Some suggestions... Fish tanks are not one solid piece. They're made of 5
sheets of glass (the kind that looks clear but has a green tint along the
edges). You need to show those green adges at the corners. Most large fish
tanks use an under-gravel filtration system which has towers rising up in
the back corners. Air bubbles rise up out of them fed from the air stones
inside the towers. This, along with possibly a waterfall filter, would
turbulate the water surface.

The lighting is good, but seems to be back in the far corner, rather than
stretching across the length of the tank.

David