POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Fast Erosion (3*20k) : Re: Fast Erosion (3*20k) Server Time
1 Oct 2024 22:24:53 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Fast Erosion (3*20k)
From: Bill DeWitt
Date: 10 Jul 2000 16:31:48
Message: <396a32b4@news.povray.org>
"Christoph Hormann" <Chr### [at] schunteretctu-bsde> wrote :

> Have you ever looked at a mountain region from above: most mountains have
quite
> plane sides and very sharp ridges.

    Some mountains look sharp because they have been recently pushed up.
Even old mountains look that way if they are still being pushed up. But old
mountains in areas with no recent plate activity are rounded by erosion.
Your photo is clearly one of an upthrust formation of some sort. In a
billion years it will be a rounded boulder.

--
I get paid to do -anything- while connected to the internet.
Please use my referral id to find out more