POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Millennium Falcon : Re: Millennium Falcon Server Time
1 Oct 2024 20:20:19 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Millennium Falcon
From: ryan constantine
Date: 14 Jul 2000 21:52:09
Message: <396FC34C.7356CE12@yahoo.com>
good job!  care to share textures?  it might be educational.  what did
you use as a guide?  what scale are you using?  my xwing is 1 unit = 1
meter which makes the length 12.5 meters.  i have the falcon model and
thought about doing this too.  how much more detail are you going to
add?  did you use a modeller?  is anything animatable (landing gear,
radar dish, laser cannons, engine thrust, top hatch, main door)?  is the
top surface actually divided into many seperate plates?  is that how you
got the localized dirtiness?  i've started working on r2d2 as well as
planetary (or death star) explosions.  i also plan on modelling the
death star (using sets like the movie; close, far, trench).

> Oh, yeah...  The stats:
>
> 2619 frame level objects
> Peak memory used: 9602538 bytes
> Time For Parse: 3s
> Time For Trace: 4h 40m 14s
> GUI-priority: Highest
> Render-priority: Lowest
> On a PIII 450 with 64 MB RAM under W98SE

how did you get your parse time so low with so many objects in the
scene?  are there any meshes or patches?  my current object count is
over 1300.  you've got double that but mine takes 15 sec to parse.
hmmmm...