POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : hope you aren't too tired of these... : Re: hope you aren't too tired of these... Server Time
1 Oct 2024 20:21:38 EDT (-0400)
  Re: hope you aren't too tired of these...
From: ryan constantine
Date: 14 Jul 2000 17:27:41
Message: <396F857A.A9A934D7@yahoo.com>
see my other responce for printer info.

Christoph Hormann wrote:

> Wow, nearly perfect!
>
> The lighting, the xwing's thrusters, the planet atmosphere...
>
> Just the clouds could have a little more structure in the white part. In the
> bright sun, they look ok, but on the left in the shadow, they seem a bit
> wrong.

i'm interested in figuring out a better way to do clouds.  i've seen
some people use multi-ridged fractals and some use media and maybe
isosurfaces, but they were all for land-based scenes.  i'd like to
figure a way to adapt them to sphere planets like mine.

> I would *really* like to see the printed version, what printer do you use for
> it?

i'd love to distribute the full size picture so people could print it
out.  i zipped it and it is still 14MB!  i think i have webspace on a
couple of those web hard drive sites.  i'd be willing to spend the time
uploading and making my folder sharable if anyone shows interest.  i
swear, making images that large makes me wish i could do animations that
large (not that they'd even play once i did due to ram and processor
limitations.)  but unless i'm mistaken, these are the kinds of
resolutions used on movies.  however, once a film gets to video and dvd,
all that resolution is lost.  even dvd is only 700+ pixels wide.  it
might be cool to render an animation and then burn dvd's of it (provided
the end result was worth it).  unfortunately, the only make-your-own dvd
software i have seen was prohibitively expensive.  i wonder how long it
will be until average-joe-consumer will be able to.