POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : Animplugin gotchas... : Re: Animplugin gotchas... Server Time
28 Jul 2024 14:26:04 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Animplugin gotchas...
From: Alexander Enzmann
Date: 14 Jul 2000 14:04:45
Message: <396F5849.A561BAE1@mitre.org>
"Rick [Kitty5]" wrote:

> > Yup - that's a problem when rendering an animation with POV-Ray.  If you
> > are using the built in renderer, that shouldn't happen.
> >
> > I don't really have much choice in the matter - in order to use POV-Ray
> > to render, I need to have Moray export the scene (which triggers the
> > export of other plugin information as well).  That means that I need to
> > step from frame to frame, exporting and rendering.
>
> why not step through the scene, and export all frames as seperate numbered
> pov files, it would then be only a small task to create a batch renderer,
> the renders each pov scene and either dumps a ton of tga files some where or
> complies them to an avi

It gets really complicated to do that in the face of .inc files, etc.
If everything were written to a single .pov file, this approach would be
pretty easy.  This has come up before and after spending time looking at
it, it just seemed to be more effort (if not downright impossible for
big/complicated scenes) than it was worth.

Xander