POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : pure pov water [WIP ~15kB bu] : Re: pure pov water [WIP ~15kB bu] Server Time
1 Oct 2024 20:24:22 EDT (-0400)
  Re: pure pov water [WIP ~15kB bu]
From: Marc Schimmler
Date: 13 Jul 2000 15:36:38
Message: <396E1D71.F8E173BC@ica.uni-stuttgart.de>
Spock wrote:

> Looks very promising!  I'm not sure if I see flat
> spots on the top of some waves or not.  If so I
> think you need to tweak the height field to give
> generally pointy tops.  Any thoughts on using a
> pattern that repeats so this can be animated?

Thank you!

Could be that they are flat somehow. I must tweak the
code a bit. I just played around for a few minutes with
it.
I'm using one height field which is copied 100 times
and where each row is randomly shifted to avoid strong
banding effects.
I guess animating would be difficult. You have generate
a heightfield for each frame ...

Marc