POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : Animplugin gotchas... : Re: Animplugin gotchas... Server Time
28 Jul 2024 14:23:14 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Animplugin gotchas...
From: ryan constantine
Date: 12 Jul 2000 17:02:56
Message: <396CDC59.EECF3109@yahoo.com>
"K. Lasse" wrote:

> There's an aspect of the animplugin that I'm finding can be annoying at
> times. This is the fact that it uses the current status in Moray to create
> the animations. While this may have many advantages, it can be frustrating
> when you happen to click on something, changing it accidentally within Moray
> while the animation is being generated. This causes the animplugin to access
> the latest state that it finds Moray to be in and uses that to continue with
> the animation run.

do you mean you accidentally changed things?  or you just selected
things.  i was selecting things all over the place to see what the
current settings for the frame were and never had problems.  however, i
was very careful not to change and transformations (everything was
frozen).

Remember April's
> discussion in another thread as copied below?

that was me, but from my mom's house.

we must remember that officially, this plugin is still in beta.  a lot
of fixes and upgrades are in the works.  from what i understand, xander
has a bit of input in moray's development and is working with lutz to
make animation better.