POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : New microversion of MegaPov with big Unix changes : Re: New microversion of MegaPov with big Unix changes Server Time
28 Jul 2024 22:16:38 EDT (-0400)
  Re: New microversion of MegaPov with big Unix changes
From: Ken Cecka
Date: 11 Jul 2000 21:23:25
Message: <396BC7CF.6324D162@alumni.washington.edu>
I pretty much agree with your views on RCS.  I don't think I've ever run
into a group who uses RCS on its own for a large project.  I use
Rational's ClearCase at work which is wonderful.  I thought RCS might be
a good choice in this instance based on how Steve described what he
wanted to do.  If you're just working on a project on your own and are
just maintaining revisions of files, it might not be worth the trouble
of learning and setting up a full-blown cvs repository or something
similar.  But lots of options are always good.

Incidentally, what's PRCS?  I've only used ClearCase and CVS (RCS).  Is
it commercial?  CVS seems to be the system of choice at the moment for
opensource development, but there's a lot of functionality it's missing
that ClearCase has which makes life a lot easier.

Ken