POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : MegaPOV support in next Moray version? : Re: MegaPOV support in next Moray version? Server Time
28 Jul 2024 20:25:00 EDT (-0400)
  Re: MegaPOV support in next Moray version?
From: TigerHawk
Date: 11 Jul 2000 18:46:28
Message: <396BA363.5D45C625@stic.net>
> I wasn't having a go at you, honest.

Hehaehae....no worries, I've done far worse anyways :)

> All that the looks_like tag does is create internally a group containing
> the light source and the object it looks like.

Hmm...the way I understand it is that if I were to to do it manually, I would place
the light source directly infront of whatever I am assigning as a light source (we
will say a light bulb). I thought looks_like eliminated the need to do that (so the
object acts as the light, casting light uniformally)? That's the way I thought about
it - correct me if I'm wrong :)

Happy Tracing,

Tim Soderstrom
TigerHawk