POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : draping image over height field : Re: draping image over height field Server Time
5 Sep 2024 14:23:08 EDT (-0400)
  Re: draping image over height field
From: Christoph Hormann
Date: 11 Jul 2000 15:36:06
Message: <396B7727.36501E03@schunter.etc.tu-bs.de>
Eric Fielding wrote:

[...]
> I have a full-color (satellite) image that is co-registered to a height
> field (a real digital elevation model). The two have the same pixel
> size, etc. How can I tell POV Ray that the image and height field have
> the same size?

You will probably also recognize some other problems using satellite images, for
example they already have some shading because of the sun lighting that will
interfere with the povray light.  Never the less it can lead to impressive
pictures.

Hope to see some results of you soon :-)

Christoph

--
Christoph Hormann <chr### [at] gmxde>