POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : draping image over height field : draping image over height field Server Time
5 Sep 2024 14:18:24 EDT (-0400)
  draping image over height field
From: Eric Fielding
Date: 11 Jul 2000 11:19:52
Message: <396B3B20.D5865411@sierras.jpl.nasa.gov>
Hi Folks,

I just downloaded POV Ray 3.1g.r2 for the Mac, and I read through the
documentation to see if there was an easy way to drape a full-color
image over a height field. I didn't see any recipe.

I have a full-color (satellite) image that is co-registered to a height
field (a real digital elevation model). The two have the same pixel
size, etc. How can I tell POV Ray that the image and height field have
the same size?

Also does POV Ray support any image formats other than TARGA?

Thanks.

					++Eric Fielding