POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Stilllife 2 : Re: Stilllife 2 Server Time
1 Oct 2024 22:26:47 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Stilllife 2
From: GrimDude
Date: 10 Jul 2000 03:16:41
Message: <39697859@news.povray.org>
The intense light buildup at the lower end of the candlestick indicates
something is not defined properly. I'm not sure how to fix that, yet.
Is the edge of the glass base and wood surface the same?
I've gotten great results with ignore_photons turned on for both glass and
liquid.
In a scene like this, if I used focal_blur at all, I might focus on a
central point, and then make adjustments so that the edges of the image were
just starting to blur. That's a good starting point, anyway. Ever consider
dust?
The wood surface needs bumps, at least, but I would use a very 'worn wood'
surface.You see, I try to make everything darker, more worn, dustier,
grittier, more messy, or even more...

Grim