POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Fire Opal - W.I.P.(60 K) : Re: Fire Opal - W.I.P.(60 K) Server Time
1 Oct 2024 22:26:36 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Fire Opal - W.I.P.(60 K)
From: David Heys
Date: 9 Jul 2000 18:28:32
Message: <3968fc90@news.povray.org>
> Wow, very nice. I like esp. those indentations on the upper band (?).
> Is this swelling at the lower right band intentional?

All of the gold, except for the hook at the top, is one large blob
construct. The outer ring is a #while loop with one positive and four
negative strength components for each point around the circumference. The
three lower curls, and the two upper curls are blob component #whiles. All
of them are somewhat freeform and certainly not perfect. I didn't want them
to be such, actually. The negative blobs all around the circumference all
had their own influences on the curls and I think it's given it a rather
individual look.

David