POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Fire Opal - W.I.P.(60 K) : Re: Fire Opal - W.I.P.(60 K) Server Time
1 Oct 2024 22:23:04 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Fire Opal - W.I.P.(60 K)
From: David Heys
Date: 9 Jul 2000 16:50:06
Message: <3968e57e@news.povray.org>
Lewis <nle### [at] netvisionnetil> wrote in message
> I like the opal texture, and the modelling is very nice.
> Try adding reflectiveness to the gold texture, and I think it will look
> great. Don't forget to photon!

There is a small reflectiveness on the gold, but I'll likely bump it up. If
you look at the very bottom of the image, you'll see some photons at work. I
think that the emitting media muddled up most of them though. Then again, as
Opal is a fairly opaque material, I guess you shouldn't see a lot of photons
going through it. I used:

 photons{
  count 4000000
  autostop 0