POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Army camp WIP - 75 kbbu : Re: Army camp WIP - 75 kbbu Server Time
2 Oct 2024 04:23:07 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Army camp WIP - 75 kbbu
From: Marc-Hendrik Bremer
Date: 9 Jul 2000 16:29:08
Message: <3968e094@news.povray.org>
I don't understand this Gamma stuff very well. So I would like to ask some
questions.
My Monitor has Gamma 1.55 (or that is what Picture Publisher tells me) -
does this mean, that the Pic is brighter on your screen? Or does it mean you
see it the way I do, 'cause I rendered it with assumed_gamma 1.55? When I
raise gamma in PP to 2.2 it is  much to bright. The colored stripes on the
tents are easily to recognize and quite bright with 2.2 .. hm, as I think
about it, you would not say the brightness is okay if you would see it this
way. In fact all those ugly details show up (I have to rework those boots!).

The lighting remains difficult because it changes dramatically dependent on
the use of radiosity, the color and structure of the ground and so on. A lot
of trial and error.

Marc-Hendrik

Default User schrieb in Nachricht <3968C82D.4E9B3230@computer.net>...