POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : Blatant "Mars Attacks" copy (612K) : Re: Blatant "Mars Attacks" copy (612K) Server Time
20 Jul 2024 17:29:41 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Blatant "Mars Attacks" copy (612K)
From: Dave Blandston
Date: 9 Jul 2000 11:57:21
Message: <3968a0e1@news.povray.org>
You're correct - in the movie the saucers were a different texture. I spent
about two hours trying to get it right, but I suck at making textures, so I
cheated.

I corrected the flight path problem and re-rendered the animation, so now
you can see that the saucers are spinning one direction on top and the other
direction on the bottom. I also added atmospheric glow to the Earth (thanks
to Darcy Johnston's atmosphere tutorial), but now the animation's a little
over a megabyte, so I can't post it here. But as always, I'd be happy to
send it to anyone who asks.

Regards,
Dave