POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Stilllife 2 : Re: Stilllife 2 Server Time
1 Oct 2024 22:27:35 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Stilllife 2
From: Bob Hughes
Date: 8 Jul 2000 18:58:44
Message: <3967b224@news.povray.org>
"Jan Walzer" <wal### [at] informatikuni-hallede> wrote in message
| If I'd use the ignore_photons for the glass, would it still let
| the photons pass and create the effect, but the very lightend
| ground of it will go ???

That will cause the glass itself to not be photoned but still do the photon
caustics around it.  Can't say for sure that will remove the base brightness,
might need to make sure there isn't any air gap between it and the table, in
fact that alone could prevent the base glow.  I didn't think the glass looked
very wrong elsewhere before anyhow.
Sure hope you're saving the photon map to disk at 6 hours per, should you get
a good one that's a time-saver on the next render with AA or resolution
changes.  Just don't ask me about if their are bad effects in doing so because
I don't know.

Bob