POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : My version of the (semi)photorealistic torus thingie : Re: My version of the (semi)photorealistic torus thingie Server Time
1 Oct 2024 22:24:20 EDT (-0400)
  Re: My version of the (semi)photorealistic torus thingie
From: Margus Ramst
Date: 9 Jul 2000 00:53:02
Message: <3967F733.49030EF0@peak.edu.ee>
Warp wrote:

>   Since this torus-like object rendering seems to be in fashion nowadays,
> I decided to try for myself, and here is the result:

I like this one, simple and elegant. Definitely wallpaper material.

As for the 'chaotic' pattern; my first guess would be sampling inaccuratcies (in
the transmitted rays) increased by the complex internal reflections. It's even
more probable if the torus doesn't have ignore_photons; internally reflected
photons can give weird results.
Of course, I don't understand a thing about complex planes or chaos theory, so
my scope is limited.

--
Margus Ramst

Personal e-mail: mar### [at] peakeduee