POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Square (WIP 95kb bu) : Re: Square (WIP 95kb bu) Server Time
1 Oct 2024 22:23:23 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Square (WIP 95kb bu)
From: Bob Hughes
Date: 7 Jul 2000 17:00:55
Message: <39664507@news.povray.org>
"Chris S." <chr### [at] bluelectrodecom> wrote in message
| complaint would be the lack of contrast giving the image a dim/overcast day
| type look.  Try setting ambient low or to 0 and increasing the lighting.

I'm always saying that if the main lighting doesn't total rgb 1.5 then the
pigments never reach a full intensity while leaving ambient down too.  That's
just an opinion of course.  If multiple lights are used, and all shine on the
same surface, then each should actually sum up to more than rgb 1.5 since
there appears to be a reduction when they are added together.
The building and grounds are turning out really good; I too remember the
fountain, I'm not that feeble minded.  What looks to me like scattered leaves
could use some clustering or at least a more diverse texture covering the
ground.

Bob