POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Using rendered graphics in a game? : Re: Using rendered graphics in a game? Server Time
1 Oct 2024 22:24:11 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Using rendered graphics in a game?
From: Mike Wiering
Date: 7 Jul 2000 04:35:20
Message: <396597F6.DFB96E20@cs.kun.nl>
Steve wrote:
> Looking good.  I suppose it needs to be simple for use in a
> game, and you'd need two versions the fully illuminated version
> and one in shadow.

Yes, the lighting is a big problem. I want to make a side-scrolling
platform game (the final images will be a lot smaller). The main problem
is that the duck has to fit into the level at any position, so there has
to be some kind of (moving) shadow on the ground too!

I've seen a few games with rendered graphics (mainly board games), but
none with real sprites moving through a landscape.

Regards,
Mike
 Mike Wiering, Room A4025, University of Nijmegen,
   Faculty of Science, Toernooiveld 1, Nijmegen.
        http://www.cs.kun.nl/~mike.wiering