POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Repearing the Network (78kb) : Re: Repearing the Network Server Time
2 Oct 2024 04:24:06 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Repearing the Network
From: Rune
Date: 6 Jul 2000 16:17:53
Message: <3964e971@news.povray.org>
"Peter Cracknell" wrote:
> Thats a nice image!

Thanks!

> Primarily there is a good atmosphere that the red light
> produces,

Yes, it was a quite a lightning experiment for me, who has not experimented
much with lightning before :-)

> though personally I'm not fan of the hexagonal (or similar)
> texture

It's supposed to look like metal used in a maybe kind of alien way, if that
makes sense.
It's an abstract image anyway...

> - maybe there are wires that look like the but I've never seen them.

Well, it's an abstract image, so...

But what is it that is strange about them?

> POssibly add a bit of a 'muck' the wires or snapped wires
> and it would be 'top class'.

Hmm, I think myself that the wires are good enough :-)

> I'd be interested in comments on how it was created - I'm
> assuming you used or created a macro for this.

Several macros were used...

The object you see in the attached image contains 8 half beams and 16
splines (each made of 2 spline segments).

To create the splines I used Chris Colefax's Spline Macro System, but a lot
of coding were required to adopt it to my scene.

The object in the attached image is repeated 55 times in the scene in a kind
of pyramid tiling. Most of them are visible in the image. The objects are
textured after they are tiled. That way I avoid that the textures tile too.

For speed reasons I also coded the splines so that the ones in the front of
the image are smooth, but the further into the background you go, the less
cylinders and spheres the splines are made of.

Hmm, there's a lot more to it, but I can't explain it all here... :-)

Greetings,

Rune
--
Updated June 12: http://rsj.mobilixnet.dk
3D images, include files, stereograms, tutorials,

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'networkunit.jpg' (23 KB)

Preview of image 'networkunit.jpg'