POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Why didn't this work? : Re: Why didn't this work? Server Time
5 Sep 2024 14:17:08 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Why didn't this work?
From: Marc-Hendrik Bremer
Date: 6 Jul 2000 15:00:18
Message: <3964d742@news.povray.org>
OK, and there is probably nothing wrong about it.

But I wonder if it would be possible to write a macro which does the
following:
1. Translate the Object which is specified by a parameter to the Origin
(with whatever point one chooses for the non-existing origin of the object)
2. Rotate or scale or whatever the Object by a specified (through a
parameter) amount
3. Translate the Object back to its place

It might be useful or not :-), but I don't know if it is possible to find
out where a Object is, say you have a sphere at <10,0,10>. Is it possible to
get this vector from the "sphere-statement" (without declaring it
previously)? Did not here about something like this yet.

Marc-Hendrik