POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Image Quality : Re: Image Quality Server Time
1 Oct 2024 22:24:35 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Image Quality
From: GrimDude
Date: 6 Jul 2000 02:26:07
Message: <3964267f$1@news.povray.org>
I agree with everything Ken said, and then...

I think that recent updates to Pov have extended the possibilities
tremendously, and made the process faster to learn. Computers are faster,
and thankfully getting faster still, and this makes more impressive
imaginings, or complex scenes, renderable. Outside applications are not only
supporting Pov-Ray, but mentioning it upfront, and of course we have
shareware/freeware to thank for a lot. The web, ever more travelled, has a
million (conservative estimate - lol) links to Pov sites.

As for me, I have to thank Ron Parker, Nathan Kopp, MegaPov guys et al . I
think of MegaPov as a radical view of what official Pov-Ray
<italics>might</italics> (heh) have in the next version. MegaPov, though, is
responsible for many hours of my rendering. I can't stop checking out the
possibilities! :)

I welcome the posting of peer work and look forward to the inspiration to
follow!

Grim