POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : kinetic energy by scavenging ideas :-) [~155KB Mpg] : Re: kinetic energy by scavenging ideas :-) [~155KB Mpg] Server Time
20 Jul 2024 17:30:19 EDT (-0400)
  Re: kinetic energy by scavenging ideas :-) [~155KB Mpg]
From: Bob Hughes
Date: 5 Jul 2000 19:38:28
Message: <3963c6f4@news.povray.org>
"Peter Popov" <pet### [at] usanet> wrote in message
| On Wed, 05 Jul 2000 09:04:06 -0400, "Greg M. Johnson"
| <gre### [at] my-dejanewscom> wrote:
|
| >Can you re-educate me: does emitting media cast shadows? Do these balls
cast
| >shadows because they are in fact light sources; is there a way to make
meida
| >cast shadows?
|
| Emissing media does not cast a shadow. Absorbing or scattering media
| will if the container object uses filtered transparency and not
| transmitting.

Thanks for answering Peter, except the question is two-fold really.  I used
lights inside to help facilitate the glow or else other objects would not have
had shadows.  No radiosity had been used but I guess that would have done some
shadowing if I had.  These media container objects were incorporated into a
'looks_like' inside of each light source so they were shadowless regardless of
filtered or transmitted transparency  ;-)

Bob