POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : WIP #2: Futuristic fighter jet thingy : Re: WIP #2: Futuristic fighter jet thingy Server Time
1 Oct 2024 22:24:02 EDT (-0400)
  Re: WIP #2: Futuristic fighter jet thingy
From: Alan
Date: 5 Jul 2000 13:45:03
Message: <3963741f@news.povray.org>
Hookflash <hoo### [at] spamlesshotmailcom> wrote in message
news:396### [at] spamlesshotmailcom...
| I've added some missiles and made a feeble attempt at texturing, but, as
| you can see, texturing is not my forte;-)  The walls & floor are just
| temporary (to test the reflection of the ship textures), but there's
| something wrong with the ship textures that I can't put my finger on.
| Any suggestions about this would be greatly appreciated (I'm thinking,
| perhaps, their ambient & reflection need to be lowered).  Thanks in
| advance.
|
| Hookflash

Try lowering the reflection.  Try adding {ambient 0.1 diffuse 0.5} to your
finish statement.  Also try messing about with the specular settings in your
finish statement.  I recommend you visit this page, part of Andrew Clinton's
extremely helpful POV tips:

http://povplace.addr.com/tips/finish.htm

Also have a look at how the textures in the files textures.inc and metals.inc
are put together.  When all else fails, nick someone else's!  As long as you
thank them, of course...