POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Quartz Crystal (point.jpg 5k) : Re: Real Quartz Crystal 12.4kbbu Server Time
2 Oct 2024 04:23:22 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Real Quartz Crystal 12.4kbbu
From: SamuelT
Date: 5 Jul 2000 12:32:29
Message: <396363FB.60B86C38@aol.com>
Ah, yours looks like it has been in a creek or a wash for a length of time. :)
The top faces on mine are imperfect, that is they are all different sizes. I
choose how different the sizes are from one-another. As for the rounded tip on
yours, it's that way because it has been damaged (as if you didn't know :).
That damaged tip could be accomplished by intersecting the crystal with another
noise3d isosurface. I tried to get the milky color to be as bright as yours
(and many of the ones I have), but the media just wouldn't brighten up. It
would get brighter near the top, but darker when it cast a shadow in itself.