POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : newtons balls + q. : Re: newtons balls + q. Server Time
20 Jul 2024 17:20:16 EDT (-0400)
  Re: newtons balls + q.
From: Bob Hughes
Date: 3 Jul 2000 11:32:22
Message: <3960b206@news.povray.org>
"Spock" <spo### [at] nospamcom> wrote in message news:3960ae75@news.povray.org...
| the clockmod include file from Chris Colefax.  It allows
| you to overlay functions on the clock to produce several
| new "clocks".  You can use these extra clocks to control
| the motion of the balls, camera, etc.

The "J" type would be best to use I think.  The equation below is taken from
the ClockMod.inc:

 translate -y*DistDown // how far to lower the ball first
  rotate SwingAmount*(1 - pow(abs(clock * 2 - 1), 2))*z (-SwingAmount for left
end)
   translate x*DistOver // place at end of line of balls (-x for left end)

It produces a nice upswing toward the right.  Switch it around for the
opposite side.
Definitely get the ClockMod from Chris Colefax if you don't have it yet
though.

Bob