POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : newtons balls + q. : Re: newtons balls + q. Server Time
20 Jul 2024 17:18:12 EDT (-0400)
  Re: newtons balls + q.
From: Spock
Date: 3 Jul 2000 11:17:09
Message: <3960ae75@news.povray.org>
I agree.  Last time I did one of these I used a sine wave
and also duplicated the last frame at each end of motion.
It might not have been 100% realistic but the little pause
looked good (or perhaps I watch too many cartoons :-)

As for the original question I recommend you download
the clockmod include file from Chris Colefax.  It allows
you to overlay functions on the clock to produce several
new "clocks".  You can use these extra clocks to control
the motion of the balls, camera, etc.

For example you should be able to create a clock that is
stopped for most of the movie and then executes a single
sine wave before stopping again.  Sounds handy doesn't
it?