POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Work that was Once in Progress <66k jpg> : Re: Work that was Once in Progress <66k jpg> Server Time
2 Oct 2024 00:17:33 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Work that was Once in Progress <66k jpg>
From: ryan constantine
Date: 3 Jul 2000 16:01:06
Message: <3960E8B9.2CD1E1F9@yahoo.com>
Eric Freeman wrote:

> Hey all,
>
> This one has stalled for lack of ideas (pov-ers block?).  It needs
> ornamentation and a sense of scale.  I have no idea what the round
> stairs/platform is used for.  I've put a dozen different things on the
> circular balcony thingy and none of them have given the scene a sense of
> purpose.  Should I give up, or keep at it?

put columns up on the outer ring twice the height of the stairs.  you
could also then put an arch across the entrance.  then on top of the
stairs could be a column of light that goes off the top of the pic into
infinity.  or a glowing ellipse that is a portal to other worlds.  or a
giant translucent head (like in star trek 5) could be some kind of
oracle.  or several glowing colored balls could be dancing around a
central point.  or a sword or other weapon could be somehow stuck there
waiting for the chosen one. or...