POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : xwing, nearing completion... : gamma Server Time
2 Oct 2024 06:28:02 EDT (-0400)
  gamma
From: ryan constantine
Date: 3 Jul 2000 15:30:57
Message: <3960E1C7.EF108236@yahoo.com>
i went to my parents' house yesterday and saw my xwing and planet pics
i've posted recently.  they were much lighter with less contrast than on
my monitor.  i can see now why everyone thought my planet was too light
on the dark side and why my xwing looked like concrete.  on my monitor,
the clouds on the planet are barely visible and the continent isn't at
all.  as for the xwing, the darker gray is actually darker; not the
light gray i saw at my parents'.  i noticed moray had a default
assumed_gamma of 2.2.  i wasn't sure what my monitor gamma is, but after
poking around, the settings say it is 1.0.  so next time, i'll set
assumed_gamma to 1.0 and you guys can tell me how it looks.  thanks.