POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : WIP: Futuristic fighter jet : Re: Futuristic fighter jet Server Time
2 Oct 2024 00:20:03 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Futuristic fighter jet
From: Bob Hughes
Date: 3 Jul 2000 02:53:22
Message: <39603862@news.povray.org>
"Hookflash" <hoo### [at] hotmailcom> wrote in message
news:396### [at] hotmailcom...

| P.S. I'm having trouble lighting my scenes... What are the most common
| methods used (I remember hearing something about "3-point lighting",
| whatever that means)?

Looks remotely similar to a drawing I made once of a thin atmosphere aircraft,
had larger turbines than this but were mounted as part of the wings.
The lighting rule is basically 3 lights, one behind and up some, one above and
to the side, one below.  I think that's it anyhow; of course the intensities
vary too, the main light being above and one side.
There's a web page someplace telling about it but I can't find the link now.
It's not for every scene you ever create, I think anyone will tell you that.

Bob