POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : A Very Short Trip to the Sun [~150KB Mpg] : Re: A Very Short Trip to the Sun [~150KB Mpg] Server Time
20 Jul 2024 17:26:43 EDT (-0400)
  Re: A Very Short Trip to the Sun [~150KB Mpg]
From: Bob Hughes
Date: 3 Jul 2000 01:48:32
Message: <39602930@news.povray.org>
"Tony[B]" <ben### [at] panamac-comnet> wrote in message
| Just to let you know that I looked at it. I didn't comment before because I
| didn't feel there was much to say. Higher resolution and frame count would
| help. Nice sun.

Hey, thanks for watching it, "it" being the 10 second version at the web space
instead of this all too fast one here I hope.  Although there just isn't much
to it even if it were more frames than is now.  Could get boring without
something else added.

| Have you have a chance to check out country_grass2?

Seen it and rendered the tester2.pov.  Wish I had remembered to use the -UR
switch before I tried the "overkill" out.  I decided not to see it yet and
took a while to regain the memory back and even longer for the message stream
to repeat how it was removing unnecessary bounds.
That's about all I've done, read the script some and rendered a couple
examples to see it in action.  I don't know yet what Gilles Tran's or rather
Mick Hazelgrove's does as far as placement on things.  Haven't seen any of the
pov script.

Bob