POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Faceted twisted torus (50k) : Re: Faceted twisted torus (50k) ((74k)) Server Time
2 Oct 2024 04:21:24 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Faceted twisted torus (50k) ((74k))
From: Pete
Date: 13 Jul 2000 20:26:48
Message: <396.229T1171T12254412PeterC@nym.alias.net>
David,

        That is really cool.  I can't wait for you to
post the source code.  In the mean time, I've tried to
re-create a similar shape.
        The big problem with my version is the facets:
you can see that they are actually two noncoplaner
triangles.  I tried to use a smooth triangle to cover
that but someone I can't get the normals to work.  No
modeler used: this is all pov coding.

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'facet_torus_4.jpg' (74 KB)